intro

In my 75th year, 2012/2013, I will pray for peace in as many places of worship around the world as I can.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Grafton Peace Pagoda [66]

Meditated today at the Grafton Peace Pagoda in upstate New York. It was a long journey on a gorgeous sunny day. The road to the pagoda was washed out so the only way up there was on a long, winding, dangerously muddy path dotted with many man-made rock meditative structures.


The stupa was immense and I walked around it clockwise three times: ground, terrace and sculpture level. There were bas-relief sculptures telling the story of Buddha and his lifetime.



After leaving my card with a carving in the meditation garden, I meditated in the temple itself which was in a nearby building.




This was a terrific experience and well worth the trip. Sometime I would like to return and take part in one of the services.

blognote: I heard about the Peace Pagoda from someone I met on my Central Europe trip in October. I was able to visit and share a tasteful Japanese lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment