intro

In my 75th year, 2012/2013, I will pray for peace in as many places of worship around the world as I can.

Monday, October 1, 2012

Rose Hill Cemetery [15]

A beautiful autumn day; the sun is shining and the breeze is slightly cool. I drove to the cemetery to visit Jean's grave. It has been a little while since I have been here. The maintenance workers are cleaning, clearing and cutting the grass. I sit at the grave under scudding clouds, warm in the sunshine. These visits can be comforting; sad but comforting.


I prayed for her soul and mine and I prayed for peace. I left a flower that I had just bought in the market up the street. The clerk paid the tax so I wouldn't have to break another dollar bill. I rang the bell on the way out of the market to signify my pleasure with customer service. A little act of grace means a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment