intro

In my 75th year, 2012/2013, I will pray for peace in as many places of worship around the world as I can.

Monday, November 5, 2012

St Matthias Church [53]

Left my card in a confessional here at St Matthias Church in Budapest. It is also called the Coronation Church of Our Lady. The availability of candles to light varies a lot in the many churches that I visited. In some cases the candles all come from the same supplier with plastic holders imprinted with the name of the church. In other cases, as here, they are more individual but still in little holders. I really like the candles that look like tapers but there are not many of these.







The price of lighting a candle also varies from church to church and country to country. Some are a bit more expensive than others but you can always hear that loud sound as the coin drops to the bottom of the receptacle.

No comments:

Post a Comment