intro

In my 75th year, 2012/2013, I will pray for peace in as many places of worship around the world as I can.

Monday, September 10, 2012

Evelyn Petterson's Memorial Garden [5]

A memorial garden was dedicated this afternoon at Adelbrook on the adjoining campus of CVOC. It is in honor of Evelyn Petterson, a teacher and overall wonderful individual. I knew Evelyn for years but didn't know that she lived here at CVOC. My first day in the dining room I saw here and asked what she was doing here. She replied that she lived here and what was I doing here. I had just moved in and  from then on we had many lunches together. I will always remember her work at Smith School. I was a Resource Teacher working to train classroom teachers how to deal with language minority students in their regular classes. Evelyn had taught for years but was always open to new suggestions, tried them all out and was forever smiling about the successes of her students. I learned so much from her. Adelbrook is a school here on campus and she was very involved with the students here years after her involvement with students in New Britain.

There were a lot of people there so I didn't leave anything but a prayer [and a piece of my heart]. The program was good; she would have been proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment