intro

In my 75th year, 2012/2013, I will pray for peace in as many places of worship around the world as I can.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Our Lady of Hartford Shrine [9]

Wandering around Hartford I needed a place to pray. A church just wouldn't do. First I went to A Dong Market to view the many buddha statues for purchase. I left some meditative thoughts there. 

Then I remembered the shrine on Warwarme Street just behind Bulkeley High School on Wethersfield Avenue. I have prayed there before. There was no one around so I stayed and prayed a while and left my card next to a statue of the Virgin Mary. This has become a very shabby urban shrine which so many have taken time to debunk. I found it helpful in my time of need. Plastic flowers, tarnished and worn statues of the Virgin and artificial flowers galore did not turn me away; they welcomed me. Tears shed are never shed in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment