intro

In my 75th year, 2012/2013, I will pray for peace in as many places of worship around the world as I can.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Griswoldville Chapel [13]

Was going to stop at Corpus Christi Church today but there was a wedding in progress. So I took the long way home and stopped at the Griswoldville Chapel. I left my card wedged in the locked door for someone to find. This is a nondenominational chapel that is located in the section of Wethersfield where I was living during my high school years [1951-55]. For a very a short time I was the custodian for the congregation but didn't do such a good job. That stint lasted only a few months! 


Our 4H meetings were held in the basement  room there. One summer, my first in Wethersfield I think, I attended a summer 4H session at the University of Connecticut in Storrs. There I 'majored' in horticulture and when I returned home that fall the 4H group planted a dogwood tree in the front lawn of the chapel. The tree, a three split white dogwood [representing the Holy Trinity?], was cut down several years later after it started to overtake the front lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment