intro

In my 75th year, 2012/2013, I will pray for peace in as many places of worship around the world as I can.

Friday, September 7, 2012

Wesleyan University Memorial Chapel [3]

My original intention tonight for going to the 'Bach to School' concert at the Memorial Chapel was to listen to some good organ music not to pray for peace. I ended up doing both. Ronald Ebrecht, Artist in Residence and University Organist led a masterful program. Starting with Johann Sebastian Bach and ending with Johannes Brahms and Wolfgang Mozart, he modernized the middle of the evening with Shirley Scott, Neely Bruce and Fela Sowande's powerful 'Go Down Moses'. All of this brought forth the need for peace. I prayed for peace. I listened to the beautiful music and was swept away with the idea of a peaceful world.

No comments:

Post a Comment